Laser sailing action is heading now to the city of Tavira, Portugal, where the ISAF Youth Worlds 2014 will be played from July 12th to 19th.
Laser Radial is rig used on both One Person Dinghy Men and Women fleets.
Current and past ISAF Youth Worlds editions
Monika Mikkola FIN, Bronze Medal in 2013, will be the only of last year medallists participating in this new ISAF Youth Worlds edition.
Line Flem Host NOR and Juan Carlos Perdomo PUR were the winners in 2013.
Jonatan Vadnai HUN is one of strong candidates to achieve a medal this year among the male’s fleet.
Martina Reino ESP will represent Spanish girls. No boys this year from Spain (Joel Rodriguez won Silver medal in 2013).
There will be a large fleet coming from South America;
- Francisco Guaragna and Lourdes Hartkopf from Argentina.
- Martin Lowy, Felipe Diniz and Maria Carolina Boabaid from Brasil.
- Clemente Seguel from Chile.
- Nicole Paul from Colombia.
- Matias Dyck from Ecuador.
- Carlos Schauman from Paraguay.
- Sergio Silva from Peru.
- Alberto Lados and Dolores Moreira from Uruguay.